|That is going to need a bit of work...|
Today we managed to get the Merry Mixer together for the first time. I was intending to take it to The Henley Gathering tomorrow but It is not ready for that yet. Although it looks reasonable in the pictures it is far too flimsy to take to a meeting (or should I say Gathering?) in its current state.
Time for a bit of a rethink. I originally decided to build it with three arms, just to make it a but different. That has causes all sorts of problems attempting to get it to look right and make it it rigid. The other problem is the ball race - it's too small for a model this size so I will have to redesign that. I have been messing about for the past few days tiring to make a bit of bad design good. In the end. I have decided to do what I should of done a week ago, start again! Not the whole model just the centre column and the (now) four drive arms.
|Initial assembly of the main components shows it need some work|
The trouble with this model, as it stands, is it lack of a good design to start with. I started to build before I had thought trough the mechanics, trying to save time by working around the problems as they arose.
|No, it just doesn't look right...|