Saturday 10 August 2013

Latest steam model...

Well, this has been fun this month! My original entry for the competition over on the Mamod Forum was going to be the same model for the Henley Gathering at the end of the month. Trouble is the Merry Mixer has become a huge project and does not really fit with the spirit of the competition. So I decided to build a smaller model...

Nice and small...
...and from the other side
I'll steam it up tomorrow and see what speed it runs at. I may have to adjust the gearing, but that will be fairly easy as the model has been built so that can be done without too much trouble. The other addition that may be required is a chain tensioner, but if I can get away without, I will!

The gearbox is easy to get at
Sue is still detailing the cars of the Merry Mixer tonight and tomorrow we will be building the main frame and the other small spiders...

A few days later...




It is running fine! you can also see it running on air HERE.

Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment