Friday 21 February 2014

I have a plan...or nine!

Anyone who attended SkegEx last year might be forgiven if you missed seeing Paul Anderson's model of an A-005 Fuel Tanker. The models was sitting on a table with a few of models built by fellow model maker and replica Meccano makers Ian 'Green-Hands' Wilson.

Paul's model of the A-005 Fuel Tanker
The tanker stood out as an original and well proportioned model. At the time I had no idea who had built it but remember thinking that it look rather good. With the show being so busy, both during the day and the hectic social life in the evenings, I did not get around to asking Ian who's model it was. 

It turned out to be the work of Paul Anderson. Paul is a professional model maker, building mainly models of trucks and agricultural equipment from wood. You can see what Paul makes and sells on his website HERE.

Recently Paul has turned his hand to producing Meccano model plans. Not the ordinary run-of-the-mill plans but really interesting and unusual subjects. Paul concentrates on the look of the model, and although some mechanisms are included they are secondary to the overall; design. This approach I like a lot, from a builder's point of view, the basic layout is all worked out and there is room to add your own mark to the model. The Tanker that caught so many eyes at SkegEx last year will be my first dive into these plans - I already have a few ideas on how I will add some of my own ideas. There are another eight plans available as I write this with more in the pipeline.

Ralph.    

1 comment:

  1. I'm Абрам Александр a businessman who was able to revive his dying lumbering business through the help of a God sent lender known as Benjamin Lee the Loan Consultant. Am resident at Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problems trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that Mr Benjamin will see you through. Is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problems because I am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in order to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  Or  WhatsApp/Text +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete