Saturday 1 February 2014

Birthday models revisited at RMG!

Remember this?

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a a picture of a French magazine article of a little tipper truck. I said at the time it had proved almost impossible to build. At the time I gave up and... Rather than say it all again, go and have a look HERE.

A day or so after that initial post Mick Burgess sent me an e-mail saying he had built my little truck although he had to make a couple of changes to make it work. The bonnet would never fit the way it is shown above, nor will the front axle fit that far forward if a 1 inch pulley was to be used as the final drive. This model is from February 1956 edition of the magazine, just going to prove that the ambiguous instructions are not new!

Today at the Runnymede Meccano Guild (RMG) meeting in Lyne, Mick brought his little model along to show me, and here it is...

Mick's Little model! (My hand!)
As I thought, it makes a very nice little model indeed. Mick even added the Magic motor. Thanks for showing us Mick!

Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment